Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Friday, January 23, 2009

They call me Mr. Tibbs



President Elect

Tuesday afternoon history was truly made as President Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States of America. But the truth is history has been being made since November 4th of 2008. From the time he won the election now President Obama has been on the job. Perhaps that is the reason why news reporters still have not been able to remove the word “elect” from their vocabulary when referring to the President.

Now honestly I don’t think this is something they are doing on purpose, I just think that perhaps this is the first time in history news reporters had to use the term “President Elect” as much as they did. From the time he was announced President Elect Barack Obama hit the ground running with numerous press conferences and weekly addresses. He gave the news media so much to report on before he ever actually took the oath of office that the term, which even had its own sign and podium, took on a whole new meaning and power.

So I am willing to give the news media (fans and critics) another week or so to get it together before I start my letter writing campaign. I’m watching you liberal media!!!!!

No comments: