Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tuesdays Invitation!






Wanda Sykes was born and raised in Portsmouth Virginia. She is comedian, writer and an actress best known for her commentary on life, current events, and the battle of the sexes.

For the record, I have always found Wanda entertaining, even though I have questioned some of her choices in roles. However realizing how limited choices are out here for black actors and comedians I gave her some slack. I also supported her when she was attacked by Dr. Bill Cosby for her brand of comedy. She was a writer on the Chris Rock show and made guest appearances on several shows before landing a co starring role on the CBS show “the New adventures of Old Christine.” Her filmography includes “Monster In Law” ,”Pootie Tang”, “My Super ex Girlfriend”, “Clerks II” and several others. Recently Wanda has made headline news for outing herself at a anti prop 8 rally in Nevada.

So Wanda Sykes., please accept this invitation to the Dinner party of the year. Your opinion, your outrageousness, and your courage are more than welcome!

No comments: