Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Monday, September 01, 2008

Heck of a ..oh Fuck it!

So let’s say I have a job interview for a job I really really want. Who should I ask about what I will possibly need to know about the job and how best to secure it. Should I ask the person doing the job? Well I could but, he might be busy doing the job right now so he probably does not have time. Hey I know, I will ask the last person who had the job, oh wait, he left in disgrace cause when the chips were down he would not come out from under his desk. Well that does not matter, even though he was completely unqualified for the job to begin with and more than proved that as the shit literally came down around him, he will clearly be a good source of information.



While the above scenario seems a little silly, it seems the news networks of America think this is perfectly sound advice. So roughly 3 years ago this country experienced a horrible blow to its spirit. Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast resulting in over 80 million dollars in damage. The destruction itself was not the worst part of this disaster; by far the most disheartening thing was the response (or lack of) from the US government.


First there was nothing, then there was finger pointing, then there was talk about what to do. And all the while people were trapped in their houses dying or surrounded by the dead. And the man in charge of F.E.M.A. (Federal Emergency Management Agency) the man who was suppose to rescue our fellow Americans , the man appointed by George W. Bush (don’t get me started) Mr. Michael Dewayne Brown. This man has been making the news rounds as an “expert” as Hurricane Gustav makes its way to the Gulf Coast.



Now it is true that response time has been much better this time around, New Orleans was evacuated very early on. But come on, what the fuck is Michael Brown doing on my TV? This man did not just get fired in the middle of the Katrina disaster, this man was run out on a rail. This man was thrice denied on national television. I mean his dismissal was biblical in nature. His name was stricken from every obelisk. And now here he is, clearly one of the most hated men of 2005, on the news giving his expert opinion all the while repeating “It’s too early to say” and “you can’t take anything for granted”.



So today I want to add an extra Man for Tha Man Monday. Mr. Michael DeWayne Brown, the man who has shown us that no matter how much time goes by, if you kill enough brown people you will ultimately be rewarded in America




Please have a paperbag ready before you listen to this...you may need to throw up!

No comments: