Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sherri Shepherd..God looks out for children and fools


It took almost a year but today I finally figured out what role Sherri Shepherd plays on the View. It was so simplistic that I saw it but completely ignored it because it was just that obvious. Sheri is meant to represent the young black right above the ghetto (barley) girl.


The truth is there had been other times when the show presented evidence and I ignored it because I liked those particular guests. I mean I love to watch Clean House and Niecy Nash; she speaks to the little black girl that lives inside me. She came on the show and Sherri announced that they were good good girlfriends. I should have known then but I was busy trying not to paint Niecy with the same brush. I mean I have good good friends that embarrass me in public sometimes so I just don’t take them out. But today I could ignore it no longer.


Jennifer Hudson came on the show today and for once Sherri did not look like she was out of her element. She actually had something to contribute to the conversation, granted it was all sister girl conversation but you know what, good for her. It gets a little painful at times to see Sherri sit there in what looks like a seven year old stuck at the table while the adults are talking and she is the only kid for miles around.


Sherri has not had an easy time of filling the fifth chair at the View table. She has been called out (I don’t know if you can call it called out when you tell your own business) on her limited world view shaped mostly by her religious background and bad decisions made in her twenties.



She is not sure if the world is flat or round, but does promise to look it up when her son Jeffery needs the info, she is a devout believer in creationism so much so that her belief is “Before there was anything there was Jesus” and she is very much looking forward to the upcoming election as it will be the first time she has ever voted because she just never knew the dates or anything. She also once said that the gospel singer Shirley Cesar sound very much like a black Patti LaBelle. Oh Sherri, how you amuse us so……


Addendum…

So I was all set to post this blog I wrote yesterday and then Sherri was Sherri on “The View” today. Bill Maher was a guest on the show pushing his new movie “Religuous” when Sherri, believing there was finally something she was an expert at, decided she was an interviewer. Bill Maher challenged the validity of some of the stories in the bible stating that they completely went against logic. Sherri being born again (whatever that really means) admitted that the stories in the bible defied logic but were leaps of faith. She then asked Bill if he had ever talked to God. Well this is what happened…

Oh and please please pay special attention to Whoopi’s body language during the interview. You have to give it up to the Whoopster; she saves Sherri every time she gets in over her head.





No comments: