Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesdays Invitation!


Eve Arden (born Eunice M. Quedens) was born April 30, 1908 in Mill Valley, California. She was an actress best known as a lovable teacher in the old classic “Our Miss Brooks” and more currently as the Principal in the classic musical Grease.

My first introduction to Eve Arden was on the classic “I Love Lucy” when Lucy and company went to Hollywood. Even in the way she delivered her one line cutting Ethyl she stood out. Since then I have seen her in several more films and she has a wit and tongue and cheekiness about her that will endure her to the most harden heart. No matter what role I have seen her in, she has managed to bring the same humor and vulnerability to every role while always playing that role to its height. She was also one of the first women to have her own comedy variety show on television, "The Eve Arden Show". Ms. Arden passed in 1982 of Heart Disease and Cancer. I am sorry that I did not discover her in life but she has left a wonderful bog shoulder legacy behind.

So Eve Arden please accept this invitation to the Dinner party of the year. Your humor, your cleverness, and your mouth are more than welcome!




1 comment:

uglyblackjohn said...

For old school Hollywood, I'd have to go with Sophia Loren or Raquel Welch.
Both are close to 70 or older and they still look great.