Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The blog I tried not to write…..




Excuse me, forgive me, and pardon me! I have to put myself on the sorry list! I have done myself and all my readers a disservice. You see there has been something on my mind and I tried not to express myself. I tried to push it back down the pipes so it would go away but it just wound up clogging the works and then nothing was coming out. So I give in to the words and here they are…


Where the hell are the ALPHAbets? You know exactly who I am talking about, the organizations who’s names are to long to say every time you refer to them so we just cal them the N double A C P or GLAAD. I mention these two in particular because they should have been here.

I am sure most of you know the story of Carl Joseph Walker-Hoover, the 11 year old kid who committed suicide because the kids were teasing him about being gay. If you need the full story click here, then come back so I can make my point, No I’ll wait!

Up to date? Good! So a child kills himself and we tsk, and nobody does anything. Where is Jesse (I should really go sit down somewhere) Jackson or Al Sharpton and his Action network? Where is GLAAD the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation? Or my personal favorite the so in touch National Association for the Advancement of Colored People? Well??? I’m waiting.

Yeah that is what I thought, you know what Fuck you alphabets, a child died because homophobia is a rampant monster in the Black community and this child was so scared and so taunted that his only escape was to end his life. And you fucking glory hounds have not done shit! I guess if it ain’t about Gay Marriage or President Obama respectively yall don’t give a fuck. But you know what, a child is dead and his mother grieves and homophobia is clearly ok because you “Leaders” have sat silent.


Ok I am done, GLAAD you can go back to planning the next gala event that the average gay can’t afford to go to but will indeed be star studded. NAACP well I don’t know what you have been doing and I don’t think your relevant so you go back to doing that.

A child killed himself and homophobia is ok, what the hell is wrong with you people?!?!

3 comments:

Wonder Man said...

I agree, I haven't heard anything from them

deie said...

Okay so we need to publicize this. The national date already passed but we are doing it at the seminaries tomorrow. Check this out:
http://www.dayofsilence.org/index.cfm

eazy.e.da.mvp said...

unfortunately, the "ALPHAbets" are no longer relevant. i canceled my membership long ago...maybe it wasn't a big enough photo-op for them.