Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Gaming gone too far


I like video games. I mean I had an Atari 2600 and all the subsequent generation of video games. I mean at some point in my life I too had Pac-Man fever. However as with all things people can take things to far.

On and Off I like to play a MMORPG called City of Heroes. MMORPG stands for Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Basically all those strange kids you saw in some dark corner playing dungeons and dragons back in the day have taken the show online. I will also admit that not only was I one of those strange kids back then, I have lost many an hour, ok honestly I have looked up and 12 hours have gone by, but I did realize that was a once in awhile indulgence.

This however is too much geek even for me.

Students at MIT have created a hut in tribute to the most popular MMORPG on the market right now, World of Warcraft. This hut comes with an integrated computer system with surround sound, a water supply, a hot plate, and the chair doubles as a toilet. Yeah you read right, a toilet. I don’t think I have ever been so involved in any game that I could not stop for a potty break, in fact in the language that exist in MMORPG dom there exist the very short term “bio”. Which basically means you’re taking a biological break and will be back as soon as possible.

Looks like a computerized outhouse to me, is that not how Terminator was suppose to start?

1 comment:

Wonder Man said...

that's too geek for me