Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Carrie Bradshaw meets Kathy Griffin comic book style


Marvel has put out some really interesting projects lately in their further attempt to shake up the status quo of their universe but I have to admit this one I did not see coming.

"Marvel Divas" follow four D list female heroes from different walks of the Marvel Universe. Patsy Walker (Hellcat) and Monica Rambeau (Currently no code name) both former Avengers have formed a out of costume friendship with former Spider Man girlfriend Felicia Hardy (Black Cat) and former New Warrior Angelica Jones (Firestar)*.

While I have only read the preview it came off as one of those internal windows tot he super world that happens between the big battles that we don't get to see. The things that put the human in Super Human.

And though I am not a huge fan of "Sex in the City" which this book has clearly taken part of it's inspiration from, there is a self depreciating humor that exist in this book which I will enjoy.




*V I know she was an Avenger but she never really fit there hence the NW reference.

No comments: