Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can you re-imagine VIII










When M. Night first hit the scene I was really excited. He was a breath of fresh air and his stories were original. That lasted for 3 movies. Then there was a string of WTF movies starting with “The Village” and “The Happening”. So when it was announced that M. would be directing the live action remake of “Avatar The last airbender” an American anime, I was more than a little nervous. When word came out that there was an all white cast to play these Asian characters I was just scared. And even though I still have issues with the casting I have to admit the trailer kind of blew me away!


1 comment:

uglyblackjohn said...

Damn...I'm slow.
I've never heard of the story.
But being a fan of M., Kung-Fu movies and anime - It looks good.
The all white casting is more in keeping with the facial features in Asian video games (more western).