Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Friday, June 05, 2009

Water boarding chickens come home to roost


Since my dip into what I call adult blogging (I consider my previous attempts at blogging practice runs and not really informational) one thing I have discovered especially with my Afro Spear brethren is that everyone has that one thing, that one subject that grinds their ass only the daily basis. The thing they have news alerts for and have become in my opinion experts at.

For Wayne over at Electronic Village that subject is tasers. For those not sure what that is tasers are the non lethal weapons several police departments have been using the last few years which have resulted in quite a few deaths of brown people on the streets of America. Yeah I know I just said non lethal but clearly there are still a few flaws that need to be worked out and thank heavens all these brown folks are walking the streets waiting to be test subjects….but I digress.

Today Wayne posted a blog about a judge who allowed tasering to be used on a suspect who declined to submit to a DNA test. Well actually to be fair he declined to submit to a second DNA test. You see the first sample of DNA which was obtained with his consent got sent to the wrong lab and was improperly handled and tainted and such. So a second sample was required since someone on the side of Law and Order had messed up . Well the suspect, a Mr. Ryan S. Smith, said thanks but no thanks to that swab to nowhere. For which after stern protest and a statement of he would stay locked up before submitting to the test, the police sat the handcuffed Mr. Smith on the floor and tasered him in the shoulder until he had a change of heart.

Yesterday Judge Sara Sheldon Sparrazza ruled that It is legally permissible for police to zap a suspect with a Taser to obtain a DNA sample, as long as it’s not done “maliciously, or to an excessive extent, or with resulting injury”. So the DNA sample obtained through “enhanced interrogation techniques” is legal and admissible in court.


There you have it folks. We are now allowed to legally torture suspects in custody until they give us the answers we want and we don’t even require the “ticking time bomb” scenario that is being sold to enhance interrogate suspected terrorist.


God Bless America!!!!


Full story here.

No comments: