Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Monday, June 01, 2009

Supernatural Real Estate


Sorry for the impromptu vacation, internet was down a couple days (I can’t wait till internet access is worldwide and we are not slaved to the phone/cable companies).


During my break I was able to devote my full attention to a series that will be on BBC America soon. The premise may sound like the beginning of a bad joke, A Werewolf, a Vampire, and A Ghost all live in a house together it is anything but. “Being Human” is the story of George, a werewolf, and Mitchell, a vampire, who are both, struggling to hold on to their humanity. To take their journey one step further they decide to rent a house together and soon discover their new sanctuary comes with some bad plumbing and an in love spirit.


One of the reasons I like British television so much is because they don’t have to try to stretch one story into 22 weeks, they are allowed to do it in 6. In 6 episodes this series shows heart and intelligence and tells an entire story very well without falling into any of the traps that American television can’t seem to stay away from.


The series stars Lenora Crichlow, Aidan Turner, and my new favorite hottie Russell Tovey and will premiere some time in July.

2 comments:

Wonder Man said...

this looks good

D.J. said...

I know of your love of all things Vampire and while modern lore seems to be removing the whole sunlight weakness from their mythology it is still very good.