Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Monday, June 08, 2009

An evening with the Ifill


Last week I had the pleasure of seeing and meeting Gwen Ifill and her cousin Sherrilyn Ifill , civil rights attorney, at the Enoch Pratt Free Library. I have to tell you I don't know if they did this stuff at the Chicago Libraries but the Baltimore city library is kicking ass!

For those unfamiliar Gwen is a Journalist and author. She recently came into attention on the national stage because republicans tried to block her as moderator for the 2008 Vice Prediential debate because she had a book (already done) scheduled to come out called "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama" and their was a feeling she might be impartial.

Gwen has been carried in The New York Times, Washington Post, and several major newspapers.

No comments: