Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dear Michael, (ala Kim Fields)


You know who he is; you don’t need a history lesson from me. I am sure that many blogs will post the whole Jackson history.

For me when you say Michael Jackson the first thing that comes to mind is the 1984 Victory tour. As an after thought someone got me a ticket and the circumstances around me and the concert and my nuclear family at the time. But all that melted away when Mike took the stage. For three hours in my life at that time all my troubles melted away and I was just in pure music bliss. While his name and circumstances have changed in the recent past I will always appreciate the man and his talent for those three hours of my life.

At this point only TMZ is reporting that Michael is dead; all the other news outlets have him in a coma. Either way this goes this is how I choose to remember M.J., he’s “Bad”!!!

No comments: