Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Thursday, May 21, 2009

I will be Jonesing for Jones but only for the summer!


Upfronts were yesterday for the Travel Channel. An upfront is a meeting hosted at the start of important advertising sales periods by television network executives, attended by the press and major advertisers. It is so named because of its main purpose, to allow marketers to buy commercial airtime "up front", or several months before the television season begins.


Seems the Cox communications owned Travel Channel did very well this past season with 13 months of consecutive growth. For those not versed in televisionese, more folks were watching more often.


While I enjoy the Travel Channel as a whole the stand out of course has been for me and my friends the freshman show “Dhani Tackles the Globe” featuring Bengals linebacker Dhani Jones. I am very happy to see that he will be returning for a second season.

On a much more geek personal note Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmerman will also be coming back. As more and more “reality” finds its way on the boob tube I find myself less enamored with flipping channels or even turning the TV box on at all. But it is good to know I have some stuff to look forward to next season; I hope Dhani does some more beach type sports….