Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

That Sneaky Badu...........


For those that don’t know, I am a pretty big Erykah Badu fan. One of my selling points is that I don’t listen to much music made past 1992. I don’t like it, I don’t see the merit in it and it has caused me to break the promise I made as a teenager that I would not be an old fogy and denounce the music of the following generation.


That said one of the few stand outs in Erykah Badu who has never let me down. Well for the last two years since she released New Amerykah part one; 4th World War I have long waited for Part 2 return of the Ankh. From what I understand her recent pregnancy has delayed the releasing of that project.


Today however I was doing some artist/music searches and came across “Erykah Badu live 2009” huh????!!!!! So yes I did call some of my DJ friends and sure enough very quietly and under the cloak of darkness Erykah has put this release out. A collection of songs all done live but not all recoded in concert form as her previous live album.


I have not had a chance to listen to the whole thing yet and I can’t tell you where to get it yet. But none the less, today I am a happy camper! Thank you Erykah!!!!

No comments: