Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Audicity of My Hope!


Today on October 14th some polls show Barack Obama ahead in the polls by 14 points. I will admit to you all I am a little scared. I am actually allowing myself to think that we might win this. Since the "selection" of 2000 that gave us George "W" Bush there has been a little part of me that had lost all hope that we the american people would ever get a fair shake, that the playing field would ever be equal.

14 points.

The ecenomy tanked three weeks ago (well the ecenomy tanked a lot longer ago than that but for the sake of argument) a people started hurting. McCain appears to still have no plan and Barack has stood head and shoulders (literally) above his competition. this financial dark cloud has certinally had a silver lining.

14 points.

The race has shown an ugly truth that still exist in America. A truth that some white Americans didn't want to know existed. Racism is a lot more alive in this country than they wanted to know or admit. Even without the use of the word NIGGER, the spirit of the 1960's has seemed to make a retun apperance and it is getting harder and harder to ignore. turns out I was not being so sensitive after all.

14 points

Has it taken the dawning plus eight years of a new Millennium to put this country onto the track of what America is really what it is suppose to be about. The great American melting pot, the land of opportunity, the place where you can in fact be anything you want to be?

14 points

Yes there have been casualties along the way, those who had set themselves up as heroes of the Black community. Seems they had a seperate agenda that would only work if we were kept bogged down in excuses and situations where they got asked their opinion. Guess I will be shopping for some new heroes.

14 points

I know the actual election is still aways off. three weeks and one more election is like Christmas Eve to a twelve year old. It seems an eternity away. But where that little part of me said no, it is now saying HOPE!

2 comments:

Citizen Ojo said...

14 points huh? I'm originally from VA... I remember Gov. Wilder being ahead (so the media said) This joker barely got in office... We shall see...

uglyblackjohn said...

How far ahead is Obama projected as being? Oh, 14 points. (I must have missed that in your piece.)
It's amazing that it's that close.