Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesdays Invitation!


Eunice Kathleen Waymon, better known as Nina Simone was born in Tryon, North Carolina, one of eight children (February 21, 1933–April 21, 2003), she was an American singer, songwriter, pianist, and civil rights activist.


I have to admit I discovered Nina Simone late in life. She was one of those artist that my mother managed to keep a secret from me amongst her vast record collection. Nina’s music is a history book put to music. When I listen to her it is almost like going back in time to an America that I have only read about but thank God I didn’t have to live through. Never have I heard a more soulful expression of a moment in time. She would be so happy to see the 2008 Presidential campaign. (Her resume is to long to post here, it would go on for pages!)



So Nina Simone., please accept this invitation to the Dinner party of the year. Your opinion, your history, and your voice are more than welcome!

1 comment:

uglyblackjohn said...

Nina Simone? given your afinity for all things Prince, I would have thought this week's invitee would be Andre' Simone.