Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Monday, March 16, 2009

AIG ruined my Birthday!!!!! Part 5 "Bonuses"



Fears about AIG bonuses may be bigger than people realize......


For the last day I have been combing the various news sites for information about the AIG bonuses and I have to say I am a little worried. A lot of stories on the news shows this morning and the news last night is about Washington’s response to this whole AIG fiasco, how both sides of the aisle are up in arms, but I think each and every reporter is missing the bigger picture.


Everyone is looking at this from a very clean sterile academic view, but that is not the world we live in. We live in a world where there is an actual term for someone going to work and shooting up the place. We live in a world where people make the decision to kill themselves and their families to keep them from suffering because they are at the end of there rope and don’t see another way out. For all intents and purposes we live in a world full of powederkegs.

Now let me state for the record I am not advocating violence or full scale civil unrest at all. In fact I am still asking people to contact their political representatives and voice their displeasure and ask for the money back. My fear however is that before the week is over some executive coming or going from the AIG building will meet some form of violent end. People (not numbers, not figures, actual people) with real bills and real problems are angry, tired, and frustrated, and probably very tired of hearing the term “Too big to fail”.

Everyone who reports about this story repeats the same line that these bonuses are not that big, that they are necessary to keep quality people, they these things were negotiated before the great financial crisis. But when you have been laid off from your job and you or trying to stretch a unemployment check, when 700 + people all apply for a janitor job, all this sounds like is jabber jabber jabber, or more specifically, once again the white collar is so much more important than the blue collar.

Stating once again, I hope and pray that my imagination is just running away with me but I also know you can only push people so far and sell them so much bull before you get a dangerous, uncontrolled, and illogical reaction.

No comments: