Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I am 6 foot 5 but I am 6 foot 8 in heels!

While I found out about this blog event late I am glad I got to come to the table just the same. The Red Pump Project is a campaign to raise awareness of the effects of AIDS and HIV on women.



"National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day is Tuesday, March 10th. It's a nationwide initiative to raise awareness of the increasing impact of HIV/AIDS on women & girls and encourages ladies to take action. While progress has definitely been made in the areas of AIDS prevention and treatment, women still represent 27% of all new AIDS diagnoses, with African-American women accounting for 66% of that group."

In all honesty I have to say it is ironic that this theme keeps coming up in my life recently. in the time I have been here in Baltimore I have noticed the lack of AIDS/HIV resources for people of color and i have been working on some projects to address that.

No comments: