Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Friday, March 20, 2009

AIG ruined my Birthday!!!!! Part 7 "I am being sued.....and so are you!"


Legal action has been brought up against me, you, and the rest of America. It seems AIG (yes that AIG) is suing the US government for 306 million in tax payments.

According to New York Times. com

“AIG sued the government last month in a bid to force it to return the payments, which stemmed in large part from its use of aggressive tax deals, some involving entities controlled by the company’s financial products unit in the Cayman Islands, Ireland, the Dutch Antilles and other offshore havens.

The lawsuit, filed on Feb. 27 in Federal District Court in Manhattan, details, among other things, certain tax-related dealings of the financial products unit, the once high-flying division that has been singled out for its role in AIG’s financial crisis last fall. Other deals involved AIG offshore entities whose function centers on executive compensation and include C. V. Starr & Company, a closely held concern controlled by Maurice R. Greenberg, AIG’s former chairman, and the Starr International Company, a privately held enterprise incorporated in Panama, and commonly known as SICO.”


Not a hoax, not a dream, this is for real and it is almost laughable if it were not so tragic. Two days ago I was calling for peace and love and doing this the right way. Today I am trying to decide if I can get my torch and pitchfork on the Chinatown bus, or will some young enterprising spirit be setting up a pitchfork and torch hut on Wall Street.

When the tragedy strikes (and heaven help us it will strike) I will simply sit back and await the first AIG executive to take to the airwaves with a look of disbelief as he states to America “I don’t know how this happen or why it got so far!” And when he does, and he will, please direct him to how AIG ruined my birthday!

No comments: