Why I have opened the window!

Amerykah has turned a corner and we should all turn with it. I have thoughts ideas and suggestions but I also have patience and desire for us to be whole and one. I have been speaking a lot lately of the human condition and the generations of Black Americans. i will entertain any and all conversation as long as we can be respectful and grown up. Let the healing begin......

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Business Watch: No it is a good thing really!


I know it seems everyday there is some more news coming out that some business person is looking out for him and trying to line his pockets no matter what’s going on, that is not true however for Kevin Plank CEO of the sports clothing business “Under Armour”.

A story came out today that Kevin has decided that in these hard economic times he is going to take a pay cut from the company he runs. Plank voluntarily cut his salary from $500,000 to $26,000 last year, saying he thought he should be paid based on the performance of the company, according to documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission last week.


Plank may still be up for a 1.47 million dollar bonus but that is only if the company makes revenue of 775 million dollars this year. Now that is fiscal responsibility and good leadership.

I already own one Under Armour shirt but when next I get ready to buy some more sports apparel I will be more likely to look for US clothing who were there for me when times were tough.


Thank You Kevin!!!!!

No comments: